10 GOLDEN RULES FOR TALKING MONEY WITH YOUR HONEY
- No secrets about money. Everything
goes on the table.
blame game. It doesn’t help, it never works. Just don’t go there.
- Accept the past and let it go. Don’t look back you’re not going that way.
- Talk from your perspective rather
than theirs. It helps to use ‘I’ instead of you.
- Don’t get emotional. When it comes
to money, stick to facts.
- Cut to the WHY. Explain why
something is important to you.
is no right or wrong. Only actions and consequences.
- Have a goal for each money date.
What would you like to resolve by the end?
- Take notes. Agree on action points.
- Have fun. When you’re done enjoy
your evening or time together.
Vince Scully | LifeSherpa
With over 25 years in Financial Services from consulting to management, Vince Scully is the go-to guy for wealth management and financial advice. Before creating LifeSherpa, Vince founded the Calliva Group; a fund manager, product issuer, adviser and lender. Vince is an adviser to the Wealth Management Industry, and prior to his role as CEO at Calliva, a senior member of Macquarie Bank’s infrastructure team.