If Moses was a blogger we wouldn’t have the 10 Commandments, we would have the 10 great tips to stay sin-free and happy. Seriously though, the 10 Commandments seem to summarise the essence of a good life, so it got me thinking about how the equivalent for money would look.
Sherpa’s Top 10 Money Commandments:
- Spend less than you earn
- You can never out earn bad spending habits
- Just because the bank will lend it to you doesn’t mean you can afford to pay it back
- It’s not about the numbers it is about how you feel
- A budget, like a diet, will only feel restrictive if it isn’t aligned with your values
- You can’t get rich by cutting out your morning Latte
- There is no legal easy get rich quick scheme that actually works
- Information without motivation is useless
- Experiences have a more lasting effect than things
- Interest free - aint necessarily so.
With over 25 years in Financial Services from consulting to management, Vince Scully is the go-to guy for wealth management and financial advice. Before creating Life Sherpa®, Vince founded the Calliva Group; a fund manager, product issuer, adviser and lender. Vince is an adviser to the Wealth Management Industry, and prior to his role as CEO at Calliva, a senior member of Macquarie Bank’s infrastructure team.